Welcome to the Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (Keurig Green Mountain) fiscal 2013 sustainability report.
At Keurig Green Mountain, we are passionate about our business and look for ways to be more sustainable in everything that we do. Over the past several years we have grown rapidly and today we are a leading personal beverage system company. Our growth and evolution blends a socially responsible, premium coffee roaster with a high-tech, innovative appliance maker, making our unique and powerful business model possible.
We have a long legacy of leadership as a socially responsible company. Our Green Mountain Coffee brand, for example, is synonymous with quality, strong community relationships, and socially and environmentally friendly business practices. Making a positive social impact is integral to who we are and what we do. Our commitment to sustainability, which has been one of our core business strategies since our inception, is unwavering.
(Read more here about our recent name change from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. to Keurig Green Mountain.)
In fiscal 2013, we began implementation of the sustainability strategy we launched in fiscal 2012. With this report, we are announcing a suite of ambitious new targets that we believe will take our performance to the next level. With new leaders at our helm, we have reorganized internally to integrate sustainability activity more deeply into our organization and more holistically across our business. We are driving accountability for sustainable choices and behaviors into every core function — from product design and material selection to our choice of suppliers to more efficient operating procedures that eliminate waste and optimize our use of resources.
Our values are the key to our success and to our purpose: Creating the ultimate beverage experience in every life we touch, from source to cup — transforming the way the world understands business. We aim to achieve this transformation in every interaction we have and specifically in the following three areas:
• Resilient Supply Chain — Invest in the people and places that are critical to our sourcing, both from agriculture and from manufacturing.
• Sustainable Products — Reduce the environmental impact of our products.
• Thriving People and Communities — Enable our employees and communities to thrive in a changing world.
Please explore this overview section to learn more about our Company and our new 2020 targets.
- We Partner for Mutual Success. Our boundaryless approach to collaboration creates benefits for all.
- We Innovate with Passion. With courage and curiosity, we are shaping the future by redefining the consumer experience.
- We Play to Win. Our team sets ambitious goals and meets each challenge with unified purpose and character.
- We Brew a Better World. We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
For more on our values, see the Employee section.